Sunday, November 09, 2014

The shooting star shower [Dream]

I arrived a some tower apartment building with a large grassy field to the right, forest behind, parking lot to the left and a road along the front.  Beyond the grassy field was an industrial park.  I had just arrived, meeting some people near the apartment building.  It was very late evening.  The sky wasn't completely black just yet.  The area was lit by street lights, and the color of the plants lit up by those lights where vivid greens.  As I was just hanging around, there was a bright light that flickered from behind me.  I turning around just in time to see a second burst high in the sky in the direction of the forest.  There was a large meteor streaking downward at a very steep angle.  It was bright, with a long multiple trails and pieces breaking away.  Then there was a large flash as the meteor exploded.  Moments later, I heard a big boom. Then pieces of the meteor started hitting the ground.  Everyone ran for cover in the closest building.  No one was hit.  But, as soon as it began, it was over.  I went out to to find meteorites all over the ground.  As soon as they cooled enough to grab, several people went for them.  I was able to get a few good sized pieces.  The odd thing about them is that they where all smooth, as though they'd been on a riverbed for months.  Their color was the red side of brown, with dark greyish speckles.  I marveled as to why these rocks from the sky would be so smooth after hurtling through space and slamming in the atmosphere with an explosion.

No comments: