Monday, February 04, 2008

The Big Game

I didn't outright confidently say that the Giants would win the Super Bowl, but I did say that they had a good chance at it.  If I was a betting man, I would've put my money down for the Giants to win outright.  I am on record saying this, so :-P    Some people thought it was the Patriot's game to lose.  Not so.  The Giants won this game because they played better Football.   I stated earlier in the season that the Patriots are a paper tiger.  Once someone found their weakness and exploited it, they wouldn't be able to keep up at their pace.  The Giants figured it out during the season, but just fell short.  That wasn't going to happen this time.  Patriots are a great team.  They had a formula that worked well for several seasions.  However, this is their peak.  It's not a matter of filling up holes or elimenating weaknesses anymore.  They will maintain a great franchise for some time, but the glory is starting to fade.  As for the Giants, they seem to pop up about once a decade in the Super Bowl.  I'm sure we will see them there again.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

No comments: